Sunday 26 February 2017

Beethoven's Darkest Work



Did Beethoven’s love for married aristocrat and a doomed son colour his darkest work? Vanessa Thorpe, The Observer

"In the summer of 1812, the 41-year-old composer had travelled to the Bohemian spa town of Teplitz overnight, following a probable love tryst in Prague. The next morning he wrote a letter to “My angel, my all, my own self”, asking: “Can you alter the fact that you are not entirely mine and I am not entirely yours?” The following evening he continued the letter and added a final page, using a phrase that has become his most famous: “Already in bed my thoughts go out to you, my immortal beloved.” Beethoven concluded: “I can either live wholly with you, or not at all.” 







Borodin Quartet plays Beethoven String Quartet Op.127 and 130

Beethoven String Quartet No 13 Op 130 in B flat major Alban Berg Quartet

Beethoven String Quartet No 14 Op 131 in C♯ minor Alban Berg Quartet

Beethoven String Quartet No 15 Op 132 in A minor Alban Berg Quartet

Beethoven - Große Fuge B-Dur Op. 133 - Alban Berg Quartett

Beethoven String Quartet No 16 Op 135 in F major Es muß sein! It must be Alban Berg Quartett

Beethoven - Grosse Fuge - Klemperer


See also: Healing Music


No comments:

Post a Comment