Tuesday 14 April 2015

USA, Washington DC, International Spy Museum (and the Brits)



It was too wet to enjoy the cherry blossom downtown today (sadly,the blossom is already falling), so I went to the International Spy Museum, which was fascinating. I focused mostly on "the British contribution" to the profession of espionage and spycraft - British writers, moles, traitors and fictional characters. Please excuse the quality of the rather random photos.















I found all the ingenious equipment, gadgets and artefacts quite absorbing,
 the miniature tape-recorders, cameras, microphones and bugs. I didn't pursue the unlikely Brazilian "cover identity" I chose at the beginning, knowing I would fail the challenge at the first hurdle. I am not one for dressing up, disguises or role-playing!





No comments:

Post a Comment