Saturday 18 April 2015

Dorset, UK: Bridport Music, Record Store Day, 2015; Bridport, Vinyl and some 78RPM








I joined the queue at 8.15am at the excellent family-run Bridport Music shop (Piers and Steph, family and friends), but by the time I reached the front, the one copy of the record I particularly wanted had been sold.

When I was in the USA, I bought a Link Wray EP, a previous Record Store Day limited edition special release, just for one track, the phenomenal electric guitar instrumental originally released on a Mala 45RPM single, "Big City After Dark".

In Bridport, I enjoyed chatting to local vinyl enthusiasts in the queue, and we were offered excellent cupcakes. Always friendly, knowledgeable service at this shop.

The Saturday Bridport Market market on a sunny day is fun, good for all kinds of curiosities and bargains (and for Roy Gregory's record stall; Roy also runs Vinyl Saturdays four times a year). Mike Coslett sells reconditioned wind-up 78rpm gramophones and he usually has a small selection of 78rpm jazz records.

This time I came home from the market with  a terracotta strawberry planter - a pot or container with "pockets".


 Strawberries Forever?

More rewarding to support your local record and music store!

No comments:

Post a Comment