Saturday 14 March 2020

AIN'T IT A PITY! (Song Demo)



Ain't it a pity (listen) -
 a simple song tribute (new title) I wrote and composed 
after visiting Memphis and Graceland in 1999. 
This demo version, as arranged by Raul Scacchi, 
was recorded in Raul's home studio at Sinarades, Corfu, Greece. 










“Taking care of business” – 

That’s what Elvis said. 

Taking care of business, 

It’s a pity that he’s dead. 



Ain’t it a pity, ain’t it a pity, 

Ain’t it a pity that he’s dead, 

Ain’t it a pity, pity, pity, 

Ain’t it a pity that he’s dead. 



I went down to Memphis 

To greet him at his grave- 

I thought I heard his “howdy” – 

And I think I saw him wave. 



Ain’t it a pity…(CHORUS) 



“Taking care of business”- 

That’s what Elvis said. 

It’s a shame about his diet, 

And the pills he popped in bed. 


Ain't it a pity...



Well, I went down to Graceland

To see what it's about.

I quite enjoyed the home-tour

'Til the King began to shout -



"I'm taking care of business, 

Y'all of you git out!

I'm coming home to live here -

Have no fear but have no doubt!".




Ain’t it a pity…(CHORUS)












Raul and Jim, Corfu gigs.









No comments:

Post a Comment