Saturday 2 November 2019

Bridport Music; Clocktower Music; Bridport, Dorset



Visiting Bridport yesterday, I discovered that Bridport Music had closed down.

What a disappointment for all the shop's customers.

I'd missed this Dorset Echo article in July:

Music shop to close after 40 years (unless a buyer comes forward)

I'm grateful that Steph and Piers Garner kept it going for so long.

The good news is that Clocktower Music goes from strength to strength. One of the best record shops in the UK - certainly the best in the South West! Amazing stock of vinyl. Where do all those records come from? 

"The three D's", I was told: "Divorce, Downsizing and Deaths" - I can't remember in which order...

Go and browse, you'll have a great time and you won't be disappointed.

www.clocktowermusic.co.uk

Clocktower Music,
10a Tower Alley, St Michael's,
Bridport, Dorset
DT6 3RR

Roy Gregory asked to take a photo of me holding my CD (On the Memphis Road, which is available at the shop), and my new book, This Spinning World (which has to be ordered via colensobooks@gmail.com, or Amazon.co.uk (or in Dorchester at Books Beyond Words, or the Poundbury Post Office, Buttermarket):



Four of the 43 stories in the book are about music: the blues, rock 'n' roll, folk music and Greek music.




Blues and Rockabilly (more blues than rockabilly)

"Music to listen to at home, late at night, with a bottle of whisky"


(Blackcat Rockabilly, Europe):



Photo by Roy Gregory, Clocktower Music

Contents of "This Spinning World"




















No comments:

Post a Comment