Sunday 5 May 2019

Zuzana Růžičková; One Hundred Miracles, A Memoir of Music and Survival; Czech Harpsichordist



A book I must read: One Hundred Miracles, A Memoir of Music and Survival, by Zuzana Růžičková with Wendy Holden

An excellent review in The Daily Telegraph on 4th May, 2019.

https://twitter.com/wendholden/status/1124608838546722816

Zuzana Růžičková and her husband, the composer Viktor Kalabis, became good friends during my years serving as Cultural Attaché in Czechoslovakia.

I have many of her fine recordings on record. I recommend the book (on the basis of the review by Anne de Courcy and the sampler I have just downloaded on Kindle) as well as Zuzana's many recordings.

I have just ordered a copy of the book, published by Bloomsbury. Thanks to Anne de Courcy for bringing it to my attention.

See also:

Review in The Sunday Times - "a Holocaust survivor’s extraordinary memoir".

Czech LPs from my collection:










No comments:

Post a Comment