Friday 1 October 2010

When I first came to Corfu...


Accommodation in Corfu was not go great when I first came to Corfu (1967). I had a room (first floor, left) in noisy San Rocco Square (one of the two main bus terminals, serving the south of the island), and then moved to a much quieter place, an unfurnished "bungalow" in Anapafseos Street, Garitsa, close to the cemetery...but overlooking the airport! Still, I was fortunate to have had a car, or rather an Austin A35 van, in which I went all around the island.  

Those were the days! 


2011 


Roda, 1967



I expect there's a hotel where this was taken...

                             
Below: Odos Anapafseos, Corfu
                           











1 comment:

  1. am following your blog via google-alerts on corfu! I went to Corfu first time in 1970. Some "melancholia" coming up, thinking of those times! Thanks for your interesting blog and sharing Corfu moments! anne

    ReplyDelete