Thursday 12 December 2019

Salisbury Cathedral and the Moon: "La lune, comme un point sur un i"



An atmospheric photo by Nick Bull, Stonehenge Dronescapes (Facebook, UK Through the Lenses)



C'était, dans la nuit brune,
Sur le clocher jauni,
La lune
Comme un point sur un i.


Alfred de Musset, Ballade à la lune


Nick's comments on the photo:

"December's 'Cold Moon' over Salisbury Cathedral. Well, I climbed up the hill and into the chalk pit, a spot I have shot the Cathedral from before and got setup and then it rained. Lots of clouds rolled in and I thought my chance had gone. I stood there muttering under my breath with the brolly up and I said to myself I'm going as soon as there is a break in the rain and 15 minutes later a break in the cloud appeared and there was a 5 minute window of opportunity so I shot a few double exposures back to back and crossed my fingers. Unfortunately with so much cloud around the twilight period was very dark and getting it in a single shot was out the window".







No comments:

Post a Comment