Saturday 4 May 2013

"Stockholm's cold"; First Aid Kit; Everly Brothers


Thanks to my friend Ian for reminding me that I should occasionally listen to some contemporary pop music.

Here's one he likes: "Emmylou", by First Aid Kit  (they're a Swedish folk duo)

He saw the duo at a gig at Shepherd's Bush Market. Ian is someone who likes to keep right-up-to- the- minute in matters musical. I note that he compared their 'fabulous harmonies' to the sound of...The Everly Brothers (I once saw them in Sydney, Australia, in the late 1990s). Albert Hall Concert (thanks to Michael Gray).

Update 4 January, 2014, sad news of Phil Everly's death.

MOJO on Phil Everly

About First Aid Kit (Johanna and Klara Söderberg) Wikipedia article.

I must admit it's not bad!

Live in Dublin

No comments:

Post a Comment