Saturday 18 January 2014

The Greek Cafe in Australia; Roxy Theatre, Bingara, New South Wales; Books by Peter Prineas



ABC Report and video

The Roxy Theatre Cafe, Bingara, NSW, and the Museum of Greek Settlement in Country Australia

Peter Prineas kindly sent me details of the Grand Opening of the Bingara Roxy Greek Museum and other events on Saturday and Sunday 5-6 April. Wish I could be there! Peter on the Roxy Story
and from Neos Kosmos


Britain's Greek Islands- an outstanding book by Peter Prineas. More information

Katsehamos and the Great Idea - also truly fascinating

'I found the book fascinating because it contains the dreams and aspirations of all Greek immigrants of my father's generation, a world that has faded from the collective Greek consciousness as much as the Great Idea. Most of all, however, I was struck by the literary quality of the book which is far superior to almost all works of this type that I have read.'

— Nicholas Gage, celebrated Greek-American journalist and author of Eleni

No comments:

Post a Comment