Wednesday 1 February 2012

Kano, Nigeria

Mark Doyle's BBC reports about events in Kano, Nigeria, make for difficult watching and listening,

TV report

Mark Doyle BBC World Service Special Essay (I-Player) today, 1st February.

Some verses from a song written after my own visit to Kano in happier times:

Trying to keep cool in Kano

I've got no sense of direction,
I don't know which path I should choose.
I'm just trying to keep cool in Kano;
Last week I had snow on my shoes.

The roads were all blocked by the blizzards,
I half hoped I might miss the flight;
But as soon as I checked in they grabbed me,
They strapped me in for the night...

I'm deep in the North of Nigeria,
The harmattan's blowing today.
They've never seen a homesick snowman,
They won't mind if I just melt away...

Kano Hip Hop Music

Kano, Duelling Kuntigis

No comments:

Post a Comment