Thursday 30 July 2020

Hotel Oceanis, Palaiokastritsa, Corfu



I was delighted to be taken on a boat trip today, around the beautiful bays and sea-caves of Palaiokastritsa. It was the first time I've ever done it. I'm sorry I didn't take my camera.

The decaying eyesore of the closed and abandoned Hotel Oceanis came as a shock, as did the sight of several unfinished villas (apparently confiscated by banks) seen all too clearly from a boat.

Can't they be demolished?

For those who care to search them out, there are several photographs by Thomas Hinterleitner, taken last June, that can be seen on Google Maps. Look for Hotel Oceanis (Closed).

To see it as it once was: http://www.corfutoday.com/oceanis-hotel/

"A balcony over Paleokastritsa with endless view to Ionian Sea ... The Oceanis Hotel is superbly situated overlooking one of Paleokastritsa`s most beautiful bays in Corfu".


No comments:

Post a Comment