Friday 9 December 2011

The Best of Boston




Trinity Church (above)



Boston Public Library, decorative paintings (details) by Puvis de Chavannes, from the mural composition 'The Muses of Inspiration Hail the Spirit, the Harbinger of Light'.

If I only had a couple of hours to spend in Boston, I would head to the Boston Public Library and to Trinity Church across the square.


Alternatively, I'd head for the ICA (Institute of Contemporary Art) for the current Dance/Draw exhibition -  and to experience the building itself. 




Works I enjoyed included the crocheted environment by Faith Wilding; Isaac Julien's video installation, Ten Thousand  Waves, and the marble table (artist?) inscribed on top with the words "PROTECT US FROM WHAT WE WANT".


Boston is a great place for children too: they enjoyed running around the ICA, but even more the Children's Museum and the Science Museum.


To get betimes in Boston town, I rose this morning early... (Whitman)

No comments:

Post a Comment